The Center for Attention, Learning & Memory is devoted to conducting research on cognitive processes that influence learning and teaching. Our mission statement is to:
- Centralize research from across campus in the areas of attention and learning at St. Bonaventure University;
- Increase communication among individuals, departments and schools as it pertains to attention and learning;
- Promote interdisciplinary research to better connect disparate fields of study;
- Increase awareness of the importance of attention and learning and related fields to St. Bonaventure (a teaching school);
- Promote student/faculty collaboration on projects related to attention, memory and learning;
- To serve as an example to outside constituents as to St. Bonaventure University’s commitment to the study of attention, memory and learning.
We offer workshops for university faculty and staff as well as for K-12 teachers and teacher educators. You can find previous workshops on our Resources page.
We are proud and excited to announce that Five Teaching and Learning Myths Debunked by Dr. Adam Brown and Dr. Althea Need Kaminske is available through Routledge Press wherever books are sold!
CALM would not be possible without the support of our amazing colleagues and talented students. Learn more about the people involved with CALM on our Personnel page.